Born: 16th June 1969
Place: Carndonagh, County Donegal, Ireland.
• First Stand-up Show ‘Stop the Train’ in Kings Head Galway Ireland
• Appeared for the first time in Stand-Up Show, BBC. Tommy hosted the program up to 2002
• Wins Channel 4 “So You Think You’re Funny” Award for best newcomer at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival
• TV and Film work
• Appeared for the first time on the popular TV chat show “The Late Late Show” in Ireland
• Wins “Perrier Award” at the Edinburgh Festival
• Wins ‘Best Stand Up Award” at the British Comedy Awards
• Appeared in Father Ted TV show as Fr Kevin
• Appeared in ‘How to Love in the 21st Century’ and ‘Small Potatoes’ for C4
• Wins Hotpress Readers Poll for “Best Comedian in Ireland”
• Continued touring
• ‘Green Green Grass of Home’ documentary filmed about Tommy and his home town Navan
• Appeared in the film ‘About Adam’ with Kate Hudson
• Toured UK and Ireland with ‘Tommy Tiernan Live’ show
• ‘Supertramp’ TV show on RTE, a documentary about Tommy’s Irish tour that lasted 6 weeks where Tommy walked 650 miles across Ireland performing shows in small regional theatres
• Released ‘Tommy Tiernan Live’ DVD
• Wins Orange ‘Best of the Fest Award’ at the Edinburgh Festival
• Performed at the Aspen Comedy Festival
• Performed at the Just For Laughs Festival where he received a standing ovation at the Gala
• UK Tour
• Performed at the ‘The World Comedy Tour’ Melbourne
• Started touring the show ‘Cracked’ in Ireland, US and the UK
• Performed at the New York British Comedy Festival
• Had his own radio show called ‘Comic Inquisition’ on RTE 1
• Performed at the Brighton Comedy Festival
• Loose Tour; Ireland, UK and US. Tommy broke all Irish box office records with this tour by selling out in venues across Ireland including a staggering 104 dates in Dublin’s 1000 seater theatre Vicar St.
• Released ‘Cracked-Live at Vicar St’ DVD. This went straight to number 1 in the 1st week of release.
• JFL Montreal which saw 2000 Canadians on their feet crying out for more
• Toured Asia
• Released “Loose’ DVD. It went straight to number 1 in the first week of release and reached 8 times Platinum status
• Toured America with the ‘Improv Comedy Club Tour’, included was a 3 week solo run at the UCLA. He also sold out a 4 week run in NY which was extended by a further two weeks due to demand.
• Appeared in the RTE documentary ‘Flann O’Brien: The Lives of Brian’
• Had his own radio show on Galway Bay FM
• RTE aired ‘Jokerman: Tommy Tiernan takes on America’
• Made his debut at the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’, USA
• Headlined the first ever Irish Gala at the Montreal International Comedy Festival
• Toured Canada as the headline artist on the Just for Laughs national tour
• Wins ‘Ireland’s Funniest Living Person’ Award
• Released ‘Jokerman-Tommy Tiernan in America’ DVD. It went straight to number 1 in the 1st week of release. It reached quadruple Platinum status.
• ‘100 Greatest Stand-Ups’ BBC TV show featured Tommy Tiernan
• ‘Jokerman’ DVD nominated for IFTA award
• Just for Laughs Tour, National Canadian tour
• Started his ‘OK Baby’ Tour in Ireland
• Released ‘OK Baby’ DVD, it became the best selling DVD of the year
• Started the ‘Bovinity’ Tour. The tour culminated in 3 sold out shows to a total audience of 12,000 in the Marquee Cork. No other artist, Irish or international has ever managed to do this
• Presented ‘Tommy and Hector Show’ on iRadio
• Appeared in the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ in New York
• Released ‘Something Mental’ DVD in America. It was aired on America’s huge Comedy Network ‘Comedy Central’ and a month later re-aired on their popular ‘Secret Stash’ comedy slot.
• Set the Guinness World Record for the longest Stand-Up Comedy Show by an individual by a staggering 36 hrs and 15 minutes.
• Completed many sell out “World Tours’ of various counties in Ireland
• Re-released a new edit of his number 1 selling DVD ‘Cracked (the Comedian’s Cut) Live at Vicar St’
• Hosted ‘Tommy and Hector’s Craic House’ with Hector which aired nationally.
• Performed at the Royal Albert Hall and the Udderbelly Festival
• Performed at the Toronto Just for Laughs Festival
• Performed at the Edinburgh Festival; his show received 5 stars
• Sold out his Australian & New-Zealand Tour
• 6 week UK Solo Tour
• Performed at ‘Comix’ New York
• ‘The Tommy and Hector Radio show’ moved from iRadio to the national Irish broadcaster 2FM
• Completed numerous Irish “World Tours”
• Headlined the “Michael McIntyre Comedy Roadshow”
• Solo run at Toronto’s Comedy Festival
• Australian-New Zealand solo tour; doubled in size since last year
• Very successful Canadian Just for Laughs solo tour
• Performed at the ‘Laughs in the Park’ with Ross Noble and Eddie Izzard
• Filmed ‘Dave’s One Night Stand’
• Released ‘Crooked Man’ DVD
• Sold out 15 nights at Vicar St, 1000 seater theatre in Dublin
• Toured the Irish counties Waterford, Wicklow, Cork, Galway and Limerick with great reviews
• Continued his very successful Irish “World Tours” visiting 15 counties this year
• Performed at the JFL Montreal Gala, Canada and received a standing ovation
• BAFTA screening of Tommy’s latest DVD ‘Crooked Man’
• Sold out run at Vicar St 1,000 seat theatre Dublin
• Wrote, directed and performed his own TV special ‘Little Cracker” for SKY TV. Following its success Sky has commissioned Tommy to write a sitcom which he will begin to shoot this Summer.
• Performed his 200th show in the 1000 seater Vicar St Dublin. No other artist nationally or internationally has ever achieved this amount of shows there.
• Made his debut in Dubai performing in the Grand Dubai Tennis Stadium
• Sold out Canadian National tour of ‘Stray Sod” to standing ovations
• A first ‘World Tour of the Islands’ where Tommy ventured to the smaller islands off the West coast of the mainland. Sell out World Tours of Northern-Ireland, Cork, Carlow, Kilkenny and Kildare.
• Sold out tours of ‘Stray Sod’ in both Australia & New-Zealand in October
• Sold out two week run at The Soho Theatre, London
• Completed his first European Tour. This tour was filmed as a documentary about Tommy for RTE called 'Tommy: To tell you the truth' which will broadcast later this summer. Date and time to be confirmed.
• This Summer sees Tommy perform at the Latitude and Cambridge Comedy Festivals in the UK before heading back for a one week run at the 'Just For Laughs Festival' in Montreal in July.
• Tommy continues his World Tours of Ireland and will return to film his new 'Stray Sod' DVD in Glebe Gardens Amphitheatre, Baltimore in August.
• Begins his 'Out of the Whirlwind' Tour with upcoming dates in Wicklow, Waterford and Wexford.
• In October Tommy heads to the UK for 10 dates including Liverpool, Leeds and Nottingham.
Tommy has 6 children and is married to Yvonne. They live in Galway on the West coast of Ireland.
Preview of the Stray Sod' DVD ...watch video
A man in a field telling stories. No ordinary field. No ordinary stories.
Tommy Tiernan live beneath the stars in West Cork.